Thread: Got the mount, not sure how to use it?

WaspCAM Marketing WASPcam Staff's Avatar

Got the mount, not sure how to use it?

Go ahead and ask anything. Don't worry about feeling silly, like you should know. We feel our mounts & accessories are easy to use and install, but sometimes we can't figure things out. If you have a question about how to use or install a mount or accessory, please post it here.

telescope mount

I emailed WASP directly and they told me that the telescope mount will fit bars from .750" to 2" diameter which is great I can mount it to my crash bar on my Harley and also to my friends roll bar in his drag car. To my dismay when I received it and went to mount it on my bike it was not even close to fitting and they are 1.250" in diameter after taking a file and re-working it the mount fits now but without the rubber inserts. Was not very impressed. Also bought the rail mount to mount it to my shotgun and my muzzle loader but will be returning it as it will not work as well. Whats up this all these mounts not working. I really like the camara but mounting it is a real hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by WASPcam Staff View Post
    Go ahead and ask anything. Don't worry about feeling silly, like you should know. We feel our mounts & accessories are easy to use and install, but sometimes we can't figure things out. If you have a question about how to use or install a mount or accessory, please post it here.

I recently purchased the JAKD version of the camera and the chest mount, but am unable to figure out how to connect the two with the included pieces. Any help and a speedy response would be lovely.

Hey Galler, Thanks for the post.

What part #'s did you purchase? The JAKD requires part # 9981 chest mount.

I got the regular chest mount (9934), because there was no information that said otherwise on the JAKD web page. So you're telling me there are two chest mounts, and the one I have doesn't work with my camera?

Yes that is correct, you can see if the dealer you purchased it from will exchange it. Or email info@waspcam.com and see what they can do for you.

The store I bought it from is closed today for the holiday, and I leave for a trip where I planned on using my newly bought equipment tomorrow. Really disappointed that there was no info on the packaging of the mount or JAKD webpage that told me about this unforeseeable issue. I hate to think I did my due diligence with research as a consumer to waste money on poor communication on your part. I will email, and hopefully you have a solution for me.

What part #'s did you purchase? The JAKD requires part # 9981 chest mount.