Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you using to edit your videos?

What are you using to edit your videos?

I am currently using Adobe Premier to do my video editing.

I find it easy to do very simple stuff, but anytime I try to do anything more sophisticated I fail huge.

Anyone have some suggestions for a feature rich but easy to use program?

The one requirement is that it has to have Star Wipes! According to Homer, it's all about the Star Wipes!

D.
    The Original Soylent Geek!

Haven't got into the editing as of yet but i got to soon start as the videos are piling up....

WaspCAM Marketing WASPcam Staff's Avatar
    You could always try iMovie on a Mac, or Windows Movie Maker (download for free here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...er#t1=overview ).

Both are more geared towards those with less experience in editing videos, and you'll find tons of tutorials online on how to edit, cut, add audio, etc...

Hi there, what is the reason for including the software with the GIDEON? I have used movie maker but found the total media action cam software not to be very good for much at all.

Hi Lightduty, good question .... we include the ArcSoft editing software because it's good for complete newbies to the world of movie editing. we're not in the business of software, so we'll let Windows, Mac and Arcsoft take care of it.

I'm using Adobe Premier v10. Had it a few years but never used it. Now I'm finding is not at all intuitive. Kinda figured it out but lots to learn. Guess I'll have to watch tutorials, or heaven forbid read the manual. Also downloaded Win Movie Maker for Windows 8 but didn't find that any more intuitive. I guess since I paid for Adobe I should learn it first.

I do lots of photography editing - going well beyond the basic crop and straighten. But found those skills not so transferable.

I also would like to learn how to make the bursts of JPG's into animated GIFS. I think that could be lots of fun. Looking for a freebie for that fun project. Any recommendations.

BTW I use Corel Paintshop Pro to edit my photographs - Corel has a couple of video editing programs too, wonder if they are worth the cost? ($70-85).
    See: http://www.videostudiopro.com/en/pro...n=PIDredirects
    FKD
    Alberta, CANADA

Sorry, we don't have experience with building the animated GIFs but cool idea!

Great thanks guys... I will continue to use the basic functions of Movie maker as I cant figure out the ARC soft software supplied with my GIDEON.

If you are struggling to learn the 'ins and outs' of Arcsoft, you could try their YouTube Tutorial Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcSoftDemo

Thx for the link DBrault. I will look into that.