Thread: GIDEON default password, which I've never changed, is no longer working...

GIDEON default password, which I've never changed, is no longer working...

The default password on my WASPCam GIDEON, "1234567890", which I've never changed and have never had any problem using even after selecting to "Forget this network", is no longer working. I had not gotten a chance to use my GIDEON in about 3 weeks and finally had some time to use it today. I charged it up, recorded, took pics, and it connected it to your app all with no problem but after a few minutes, the app started having a ridiculous amount of lag, was totally freezing up no matter which resolution setting I changed it to, and kept bumping me off of WiFi after one or two minutes which it has never done before. So I turned off WiFi and then turned it right back on, selected "WASPCam_xxxxxx" and selected "Forget this network which I've done before. When I cycled WiFi off and then back on and the WASPCam came up in the list of networks, I selected it and when it prompted me for the password, I typed in 12345677890 and it gave me the error over and over..."Unable to connect to "WASPCam_xxxxxx"! What do I need to do to reconnect this back to the WiFi on my iPhone and to your app again which was working perfectly a few weeks ago.

WaspCAM Marketing WASPcam Staff's Avatar
    Hi mike1000, we suggest starting with the basics ... turn off your camera and phone. Remove your camera's battery and then re-install. Power on your phone and camera. Go through the WiFi/ App syncing process like you normally do and see what happens.

When you say the App was lagging, was this while the camera was RECORDING? Or was it only connected and not recording?

It was while it was connected and not recording and also while it was recording but the recorded video looked fine in playback. I just tried it and it connected no problem but then the app started freezing up while it was only connected so i closed the app and turned off wifi. When i turned wifi back on and tried to reconnect it, it kept giving me the error that it could not connect. I called your customer service number and chose every option and could not get anyone on the phone after trying all day. I need someone to call me back ASAP. You can private message me and I'll give you my cell number. Can someone please just call me? I don't have time to go back and forth on here to keep trying resolutions. I would much rather speak to an actual person.

WaspCAM Marketing WASPcam Staff's Avatar
    Hi Mike, please email me at dbrault@waspcam.com and we'll this sorted out. Sorry for the wait. Thought I replied to this one!