Thread: Scuba Diving with the Wasp Gideon ?

Scuba Diving with the Wasp Gideon ?

Hi I was diving Cozumel last week and was talking to a man who was using a Go Pro 3 set up with a added light source. Reading your spec's you are waterproof down to 190 feet as compared to go pro's 130 feet. But What is your experience with using your product Diving? How does it work in low light? What type of flash would i use or LED set up? Also is it a narrow field of view as com paired to go pro's wide field....Does your camera have a screen on the back to see what you are taking a photo of? Just trying to get educated on your product. Thank you for any input

Hey Royce,

Thanks for the post,

When diving to the depths that you are talking about the key is definitely having a great light source. Although we do not product our own deep sea diving light equipment, there are plenty of aftermarket scuba lighting companies. Remember out camera will fit scuba lighting systems that GoPro's using our part # 9972. Our Camera provides 3 setting, Ultra Wide, Wide and narrow FOV. Our Camera does not have a screen on the back of it however you can use your phone or our LVD wrist remote while above water to set up your shots and make sure you are getting the right angle.

Thanks!

Thank you for your prompt reply! So from what I understand if I was underwater I certainly can't use my Iphone to align the photo shot (put object I want to shoot in the center of the frame) but I can use your wristwatch that comes with the Gideon since its good to the same 196 ft. depth....then when I either take the photo or video I have the option of either operating the camera by either the wristwatch or the camera itself, underwater, while I watch the subject thru the screen on the wristwatch? Also the #9972 is the mounting bracket to allow you to mount the wasp on go pro compatible lighting systems? Do you also offer different filters to use for underwater photography?

Hey Royce,

The Wrist watch is water proof, however the signal still will not communicate under water. While under water you will need to operate the camera manually.

The #9972 is the mount that will allow you to mount the camera to go pro style brackets, we are going to be releasing a red filter in the near future. However in the time been there are universal one available.

Thanks,

Chris.

Yo Chris,

Can you maybe drop a hint as to where, and who sells the universal filters to which you refer? A dive cam is only as good as the lighting and filters you dive with. Lights are easy, the filters are the trick.

Thanks,

M

Quote Originally Posted by CJMochrie View Post
    Hey Royce,

The Wrist watch is water proof, however the signal still will not communicate under water. While under water you will need to operate the camera manually.

The #9972 is the mount that will allow you to mount the camera to go pro style brackets, we are going to be releasing a red filter in the near future. However in the time been there are universal one available.

Thanks,

Chris.