Thread: Video quality and recording time

Video quality and recording time

Hello,

I just purchased the Gideon system and had a couple questions. I noticed that in bight daylight, the video quality looks pretty sharp at 1080/60 but when entering the woods where lower light levels, the video seems like it starts ghosting...kind of like having difficulty with contrast and carrying the images of things forward in the video until it fades out. Is that normal?

when I download the camera video to the computer, it saves the file in two different settings but the lesser setting is not very sharp looking...

i ran a race that lasted over 75 minutes but the camera stopped recording at 29 mins for some reason. Is this normal? I'm using a 32 gig card in the camera.

Hey YZerman,

Thanks for the post,

The camera saves 2 different files everytime it records a video, one High Res File, and on lesser. The lesser file is used when transferring files and watching them back on your smart device.

Wide angle lens do need a good amount of light to perform at their top level, the more light generally means the better the quality of video is going to be.

What kind of sd card are you using? brand and class? Also, did you format the card before use? These two things can play a factor. Email me at info@waspcam.com if you have any further issues with recording time.

Thanks,

Chris.

I'm using a Lexar class 10, 32GB High-Performance microSDHC UHS-I (300x) and I formatted the card beforehand.

Is there a better setting to use for fluctuating light conditions? Is there a video stabilization feature?

Hey YZerman,

The best setting to shoot at for fluctuation like condition is 1080p. It is the go to res when you are not sure what exactly you are getting yourself into.

There is a built in stabilization, however mounting position is a key factor. Also there is stabilization on most editing software that can help.

To test how long you should be able to record for, fully charge your battery, format your card, can start recording in your home / office until it runs out of battery or memory. Set you cameras sleep mode off.

Thanks,

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by CJMochrie View Post
    Hey YZerman,

The best setting to shoot at for fluctuation like condition is 1080p. It is the go to res when you are not sure what exactly you are getting yourself into.

There is a built in stabilization, however mounting position is a key factor. Also there is stabilization on most editing software that can help.

To test how long you should be able to record for, fully charge your battery, format your card, can start recording in your home / office until it runs out of battery or memory. Set you cameras sleep mode off.

Thanks,

Chris.

I race hare scrambles and noticed that the camera records about 29 mins of the race and then stops, then records the next 7 seconds after and then ends for good. my race is over an hour so I'm losing video of at least half my race. It did the same thing using a 32 gig and 16 gig cards. Any idea how to get it to record the whole event until I tell it to stop recording?